Designs at KURIOS
Costumers come to us with ideas, definite products, samples, drawings, or even completely finished datasets. Each order confronts us with a different information and data situation.
Hence, KURIOS decided early on to consistently work with CAD files and to program production processes solely offline. For over a decade, we exclusively relied on 2D CAD/CAM products. That changed when we started dealing with 5-axis laser cutting.
2D Surface Model
We create classic 2D data models with CAD programs like AutoCAD, BricsCAD, or OptiScout.
Read more about Surface Models at KURIOS from Hamburg.
3D Surface Model
Surface models are often used in the automotive industry. We are working with Tebis and are able to read a great deal of native data.
3D Volume Model
Volume modelers like SolidWorks prevail in the field of machining and facilitate data exchange without the risk of data loss.
In recent years, we expanded our process chain, which led to us installing further CAD design stations with SolidWorks. Due to thorough further training, more and more employees are able to intensively work with these computer-aided systems. Nowadays, we almost solely design in 3D in order to use its numerous advantages.
- Parametric design of components allows for quick and safe changes
- Kinematic examination and collision analysis result in components that are precisely fitting and functional from first to last produced part
- High-quality renderings generate realistic images and convey a very precise idea of how the component is going to look like to the customer
- Thanks to numerous import filters, we are able to read virtually all 2D and 3D CAD data. Data from very common, professional CAD programs can be read in its native form. Problems in scaling or accuracy are eliminated and best possible data quality is ensured.
- Reverse engineering technology allows us to even produce components where the respective drawings or data is no longer available